ADDICTING RED CHILI SWEET POTATOES
Sweet potatoes in some form are traditionally a staple at the Thanksgiving dinner table. If you make this Red Chili Sweet Potato recipe, I guarantee they will be a staple at every dinner you’re invited to. They are truly addicting. Let’s not forget the long line of immune-boosting benefits that come with sweet potatoes.
Need any other reasons to make it? It’s extremely simple, so give it a try, take photos and let me know what you think.
RED CHILI SWEET POTATOES:
- 2½ cups Sweet Potatoes, cubed and roasted
- ½ cup Sesame Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- ¾ cup Bok Choy, julienned
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Garlic Chives
BELOW INGREDIENTS ARE FOR THE SESAME VINAIGRETTE
- ¾ cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ tablespoon Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Grapeseed Oil
- Roast your sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes (longer if you like your sweet potatoes really soft), then put them aside. They don’t need to be warm when you make the full meal. In fact, I roast my sweet potatoes the night before and refrigerate them until I’m ready to make the meal.
- Next you want to make your sesame vinaigrette sauce. In a large bowl, combine the rice vinegar, sriracha, soy sauce, honey and salt. Mix it well.
- Add your sauce to a large sauté pan and once it starts to simmer, you can add your sweet potatoes. Stir them to make sure they get coated well with your sauce.
- Let it simmer until the sweet potatoes are heated through.
- Mix in your bok choy, sesame seeds and garlic chives and let it simmer for just a few minutes, and you’re done — ready to blow everyone’s mind with the flavors.
Be sure to check out our page on natural remedies and add some of those natural ingredients to your next meal.